It's review time!!!! I have been wanting to try the Covergirl Queen Collection Foundation for a while now and my chance finally came when I found it on BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. They are reasonably priced at around $12.99 which beats MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc. on any good day but merchants do vary. BOGO is a great option when trying to find the perfect match for your skin tone. My two options I tried for my skin tone were Sheer Espresso and Spicy Brown. A little more about this product is that it is 3in1. The 3in1 means it is a powder, concealer, and foundation all in one. The packaging states "All-day flawless coverage Lasting power of powder, coverage of concealer, and blendability of a foundation in one. Shine free". Another great thing is that this foundation has a sunscreen of SPF 20. Being that this is a water based foundation, do keep in mind that most drug store foundations tend to sit for sometime so its best to be sure that you shake the product really well before dispensing.
Out of the two colors chosen, Spicy Brown complimented my skin tone best. If I had to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, I give this foundation a strong 10! In comparison to my MAC kinda love, I will choose the Queen Collection for any occasion. The coverage is amazing and it does not take too much for an application.
Here's a swatch of the foundation:
This is some good stuff! Look at the above photos and see how good this stuff applied just after 2mins of application. The coverage is beautiful and although, I am not old, it does give my hand a more youthful yet natural appearance. I love it! This will be a constant foundation in my collection.
This foundation is the bomb.com!!!! This is my new found love in drugstore cosmetics next to those Wet'nWild MegaLast lipticks.
- Application is great.
- It comes packaged as a pump dispenser. *Less Germs*
- It did not leave me with an oily mess of a face. Even after hours of wearing it.
- This collection comes in an array of colors for women of color.
- It actually didn't rub off, now that I think of it!!! Thank the make-up Gods!!!
- I will be using this until I can't get it anymore...
- Being that it's a drug store foundation and at times product is not rotated as it should be, you will need to be sure to shake this foundation really good before an application.
- No others I can think of...This is really a great foundation to own.
Only mishap you see is where my glasses were sitting on my nose, but no shiny face here and coverage still intact!!!!
Will you be trying CoverGirl Queen Collection 3in1??? If so, let me know how it works for you.